The Russell A. Hibbs Memorial Library of the New York Orthopaedic Hospital is one of the oldest orthopaedic libraries in the country. The Library is located in Room 1139, on the 11th floor of New York-Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University Medical Center and it is open to the attending physicians, residents and fellows, medical students, and hospital employees.
The library was founded by Dr. Russell A. Hibbs, who donated $10,000 in 1927 to the New York Orthopaedic Hospital toward building a collection of books on orthopaedics available to physicians in training. In 1934, two years after Dr. Hibbs’ death, alumni and friends established an endowment fund in his memory, and the Library was named in his honor. In addition to Dr. Hibbs’ collection, the holdings have also been enriched by the donations of personal collections of outstanding NYOH alumni, such as Drs. Henry Ling Taylor, Newton M. Schaffer, Alan DeForest Smith, and Harrison McLaughlin
For more information contact:
Russell Hibbs Memorial Library - Department of Orthopedic Surgery
622 W 168th Street—PH11-1139
New York, NY, 10032